Purpose of the role:
The Data Product Lead will be responsible for formulating the strategy and roadmap for the development and delivery of a suite of advanced data-driven products that may include data visualisation, insight generation, statistical and machine learning modelling deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and delivering product roadmaps where consumer centricity is central. The role will bring together our core pillars of Data, Technology and Creative to deliver a set of products to our clients that will drive consumer experience. Awareness of key data technologies and machine learning/AI will be required to deliver product innovation within the data space. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator who can facilitate collaboration across business, data engineering, and analytics teams within the business.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-to launch of data products
- Lead exploration, development, and delivery of data products that enable our clients to make data-driven decisions
- Develops, owns, and executes product roadmap.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, data engineering, software engineering and the data science team to develop and deliver the roadmap
- Drive agile working practices within and across product teams
- Leads regular release planning, release management and solution validation initiatives
- Turns data insights into data products with actionable outcomes to our customers.
- Works in an agile/Lean Startup environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Works with our creative and technology team to create seamless user experiences.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Drive product maturity within the organisation
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Previous experience working with data science and engineering teams
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience with Agile software development tools such as Jira
- Awareness of commonly used data technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present complex or highly technical issues in simple and easy-to-understand formats, for technical and nontechnical audiences
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, through a range of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.