Indicia Worldwide is an insight and technology-led communications agency with global production expertise.
Why we exist: we create new value
At Indicia Worldwide, our philosophy is one of ‘creating new value’. We create new value at every step of the journey that a brand takes to market, by driving an increase in marketing performance and reducing costs in marketing execution. For our clients and their customers, we are building mutually-beneficial partnerships. We see this proposition, built around the perfect balance of efficiency and effectiveness, as pioneering, entrepreneurial and, above all else, sustainable.
Our substantial investment in our technology and data science capability, and resource, provide our differentiation in the marketplace. Data insight and marketing technology allow us to measure our work, evidencing ROI as the most critical metric in today’s environment.
We see ROI where others don't. We are the only agency that combines creative, data and technology talent with production and procurement expertise to improve your marketing performance and efficiencies. We realise ROI for our clients by enabling them to deliver more engaging, cost-effective and sustainable customer experiences.
As a business we draw on a rich heritage from the worlds of print, creative production, retail, data, digital, tech and creative, bringing these disciplines together to support global brands with their omnichannel marketing activation needs.
We believe in what we do. We believe this proposition makes us unique. We have the capacity to redefine the way marketing is activated for our clients across the globe. Now, and well into the future.
The output: Improved client performance by engaging consumers with brand ideas better, faster and more cost-effectively, across every step of a brand's journey to market.
Purpose of the role
- The Assistant Finance Manager leads the overall agency finance encompassing financial operations and financial management reporting aspects for the Thailand Office. This role is expected to take the lead for an efficient set of finance operations and reporting of the business both annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts and ensure all financial output is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assistant Finance Manager helps Finance Managers with administrative and financial tasks, including invoicing management, budget drafting, and implementing and managing financial & accounting processes. They are also responsible for writing monthly financial reports and filing the company's taxes.
- Timely and accurately submission of all statutory reports (e.g. Audit, Management Report, Budget, Cashflow Forecast)
- Monthly P&L and BS reconcilations to be maintained (e.g. Revenue, Recovery, Interco, Tax reports etc)
- Ensure timely analysis and reporting of monthly or quarterly financials submission to Regional Team.
- Reporting the monthly management accounts, produce various P&L analysis and liaise with the business to investigate variances to produce a commentary for Actuals vs Budgets/ Forecasts etc.
- Agency lead on matters relating to revenue recognition, tracking and analysis.
- Review periodic working capital usage reports and implement timely corrective action.
- Ensure the accuracy of data produced by the department.
- Monitor weekly payment, billing status, aging and cash flow status.
- Oversee the management of AR AP issues (Resolve outstanding AR invoices on dispute timely; Clear off overdue AP invoices based on current cash flow status)
- Work with business teams to ensure accurate, relevant time reporting at the end of each month.
- Support the agency client profitability periodic review process by providing relevant analysis for discussion with business teams.
- Fixed asset stocktaking, physical check on timely basis.
- Budget drafting
- Assist and provide support to Finance Manager and higher levels with specific projects and Ad-hoc duties when required.
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Preparation and submission of tax returns (Corporate Tax, WHT, VAT, stamp duty etc)
- Work with Auditors to ensure statutory audit is completed in a timely manner. Also assist with any client audit requirements.
- Work with external advisors (Tax, Accounting, Legal).
- Work with company secretary about corporate affairs.
- Assist with general contract review on terms & conditions and highlights on potential risk to the company.
Finance Projects / Process Improvement
- Help identify process improvements to agency finance procedures and work on implementation of such initiatives.
- Assist in APAC/Global inquires and requirements as local contact window on all matters relating to the financial control environment (J-SOX), Group Audit and compliance with GAAP accounting.
- Any ad-hoc duties or projects assigned by the Finance Manager or higher levels which is necessary to improve the processes or controls within the company.
- Effective Stakeholder management and service delivery
- Respond positively to stakeholder requests.
- To promote an efficient and positive image of KMMS / Indicia Worldwide.
- Act as business partner to provide relevant financial information when required
- Ensure excellent working relationships with all staffs and external bodies in a professional manner to create a positive working environment.
Skills, knowledge, experience and exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Locally recognized professional qualification related to Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a senior financial position of relevant work experience in maintaining and executing accounting controls and reporting at country level.
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional ability to build relationships across all areas of the business
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Knowledge of all local tax related matters
- Strong Excel, systems and process skills
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (internal or external)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
The mindset to navigate the role
- Excellent administrative and analytical financial skills to join our team.
- Strong in examining and compiling financial reports and be well acquainted with governmental regulations.
- Very detail-oriented and be problem-solvers with an investigative nature.
- Strong mathematical and report writing skills.
The softer skills that we believe, will help candidates thrive in this role
- Communication skill in managing clients, suppliers, internal stakeholders.
- Leadership skill in training and managing the local finance team
- Off-hour calls (in some urgent situations)
- Willingness to work during public holidays upon request (depends on Group reporting deadline), and take day off in-lieu.