Indicia Worldwide is an insight and technology-led communications agency with global production expertise.
Why we exist: we create new value
At Indicia Worldwide, our philosophy is one of ‘creating new value’. We create new value at every step of the journey that a brand takes to market, by driving an increase in marketing performance and reducing costs in marketing execution. For our clients and their customers, we are building mutually-beneficial partnerships. We see this proposition, built around the perfect balance of efficiency and effectiveness, as pioneering, entrepreneurial and, above all else, sustainable.
Our substantial investment in our technology and data science capability, and resource, provide our differentiation in the marketplace. Data insight and marketing technology allow us to measure our work, evidencing ROI as the most critical metric in today’s environment.
We see ROI where others don't. We are the only agency that combines creative, data and technology talent with production and procurement expertise to improve your marketing performance and efficiencies. We realise ROI for our clients by enabling them to deliver more engaging, cost-effective and sustainable customer experiences.
As a business we draw on a rich heritage from the worlds of print, creative production, retail, data, digital, tech and creative, bringing these disciplines together to support global brands with their omnichannel marketing activation needs.
We believe in what we do. We believe this proposition makes us unique. We have the capacity to redefine the way marketing is activated for our clients across the globe. Now, and well into the future.
The output: Improved client performance by engaging consumers with brand ideas better, faster and more cost-effectively, across every step of a brand's journey to market.
Purpose of the role
Finance Manager leads the overall agency finance encompassing financial operations and financial management reporting aspects for the Philippines Office. This role is expected to take the lead for an efficient set of finance operations and reporting of the business both annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts and ensure all financial output is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Finance Manager is in charge of administrative and financial tasks (including invoicing management, budget drafting, and implementing and managing financial & accounting processes). He/she are also responsible for writing monthly financial reports and filing the company's taxes. In addition to the above task, he or she is responsible for assisting company lawyers in handling ongoing CTA cases.
- Timely and accurately submit all statutory reports (e.g. Audit, Management Report, Budget, Cashflow Forecast)
- Maintain monthly P&L and BS reconcilations (e.g. Revenue, Recovery, Interco, Tax reports, etc.)
- Ensure timely analysis and reporting of monthly or quarterly financials submission to Regional Team.
- Report the monthly management accounts, produce various P&L analysis and liaise with the business to investigate variances to produce a commentary for Actuals vs Budgets/ Forecasts etc.
- Agency lead on matters relating to revenue recognition, tracking and analysis.
- Review periodic working capital usage reports and implement timely corrective action.
- Ensure the accuracy of data produced by the department.
- Monitor weekly payment, billing status, aging and cash flow status.
- Oversee the management of AR AP issues (Resolve outstanding AR invoices on dispute timely; Clear off overdue AP invoices based on current cash flow status)
- Work with business teams to ensure accurate, relevant time reporting at the end of each month.
- Support the agency client profitability periodic review process by providing relevant analysis for discussion with business teams.
- Fixed asset stocktaking, physical check on timely basis.
- Budget drafting
- Provide training to local finance subordinates whenever required.
- Assist and provide support higher levels with specific projects and ad-hoc duties when required.
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Prepare and submit Tax returns (Corporate Tax, EWT ,Withholding tax, VAT etc)
- Coordinate and review Compliance perspective before submitting Income Tax Return and Audited Financial Statement to BIR.
- Work with Auditors to ensure Statutory Audit completed in a timely manner. Assist any client audit requirements if needed.
- Project Management: Work with external advisors (Tax, Accounting, Legal) on the Open Tax Litigation cases (2012, 2014, 2015) and any upcoming events.
- Identify tax risks / concerns & strategies, advise management about the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws
- Responsible in the search for any applicable law for any tax concerns and keep up date to Local & Regional Finance
- Work with company secretary about corporate affairs.
- Assist general contract review on terms & conditions and highlight on potential risk to the company.
- Coordinate with outsourcing Tax agency about Periodical Tax review and tax preparation works (if any)
Finance Projects / Process Improvement
- Help identify process improvements to agency finance procedures and work on implementation of such initiatives.
- Assist in APAC/Global inquires and requirements as local contact window on all matters relating to the financial control environment (J-SOX), Group Audit and compliance with GAAP accounting.
- Any ad-hoc duties or projects assigned by higher levels which is necessary to improve the processes or controls within the company.
- Effective Stakeholder management and service delivery
- Respond positively to stakeholder requests.
- Promote an efficient and positive image of KMMS / Indicia Worldwide.
- Act as business partner to provide relevant financial information when required
- Ensure excellent working relationships with all staffs and external bodies in a professional manner to create a positive working environment.
Skills, knowledge, experience and exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Taxation or equivalent.
- Locally recognized professional qualification related to Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a senior financial position of relevant work experience in maintaining and executing accounting controls and reporting at country level.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in Tax Management or related.
- Excellent knowledge of Tax Accounting, Tax Compliance ans all types of Tax Return.
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional ability to build relationships across all areas of the business
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Knowledge of all local tax related matters i.e. VAT, WHT, Corporate tax
- Strong Excel, systems and process skills
- Experience of working in customer-facing environment (internal or external)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong mathematical and report writing skills
The mindset to navigate the role
- Excellent administrative and analytical financial skills to join our team. Finance Manager is expected to examine and compile financial reports and be well acquainted with governmental regulations.
- Should be very detail-oriented and be problem-solvers with an investigative nature.
The softer skills that we believe, will help you thrive in this role:
- Communication skill in managing clients, suppliers, internal stakeholders.
- Leadership skill in training and managing the local finance team
- Off-hour calls (in some urgent situations)
- Willingness to work during public holidays upon request (depends on Group reporting deadline), and take day off in-lieu.
- 6-month contract with possibility of permanent role later.