Purpose of the role:
The DevOps Manager has strong knowledge of the CI/CD methodology and philosophies. Experienced with optimizing software build and deployment pipelines. Identify gaps and bottlenecks in pipelines, makes recommendations to resolve those gaps. Works cross departmentally with Development and QA to automate software delivery. Experience with Cloud architecture (AWS) and infrastructure as code.
- Creating Groovy based pipeline scripts using Jenkins
- Experience in authoring CI/CD scripts and templates (e.g. AWS Cloud Formation)
- Good experience in creating auto scalable ECS services and integrating them into Application load balancers
- Experience in automating code deployments for Java
- Experience in using Version Control (Github)
- Experience in using Python and other scripting languages for automation
- Strong experience in AWS networking (VPC, VPN, routing, security)
- Creating Infrastructure as code using CloudFormation
- Basic experience in Ansible scripting and invoking CloudFormation IaC through Ansible modules
- Creating VPC items such as peering two regions and NAT gateway
- Creating IAM access policies and cross account access using STS
- DNS management in Route53 such as Domain creation, migration and latency-based routing
- 3+ years’ experience with MS SQL Server database or a comparable relational database engine required. PL/SQL background is a plus.
- Creating Docker images
- Creating Python based Lambda scripts
- EC2 management primarily managing web servers in Windows and Linux based instances and experience in using Spot instances
- Ability to work closely with business partners at multiple levels, demonstrating excellent communications skills is a must.
- Actively participate in our software development processes, including planning, design, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- Basic understanding of AWS services such as CloudWatch, S3, CloudFront, DynamoDB, ACM, WAF, SQS and RDS
- Strong work ethic
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player with the flexibility to work with virtual teams spanning multiple geographies, cultures, and time zones.
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Source Control environments such as Perforce and Git
- Exposure to SQL Server
- Exposure to Apache Web Server
- Exposure to Apache Tomcat
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux shell scripting (i.e. preferably BASH)
- Exposure to Networking Infrastructure.
Locations : Mumbai, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra.
Remote status : Temporarily Remote
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.