Purpose of the role:
- Reporting to the Finance Manager (VN-TH), the Assistant Finance Manager leads the overall agency finance encompassing financial and management reporting aspects for the Thailand Office.
- This role is expected to take the lead for an efficient set of finance operations and reporting of the business both annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts and ensure all financial output is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Timely and accurately submission of all statutory reports (e.g. Audit, Management Report, Budget, Cashflow Forecast)
- Monthly P&L and BS reconciliations to be maintained (e.g. Revenue, Recovery, Interco, Tax reports etc)
- Ensure timely analysis and reporting of monthly or quarterly financials submission to Regional Team.
- Reporting the monthly management accounts, produce various P&L analysis and liaise with the business to investigate variances to produce a commentary for Actuals vs Budgets/ Forecasts etc.
- Agency lead on matters relating to revenue recognition, tracking and analysis.
- Review periodic working capital usage reports and implement timely corrective action.
- Ensure the accuracy of data produced by the department.
Monitor billing status, aging and cash flow status.
- Oversee the management of AR AP issues (Resolve outstanding AR invoices on dispute timely; Clear off overdue AP invoices based on current cash flow status)
- Work with business teams to ensure accurate, relevant time reporting at the end of each month.
- Support the agency client profitability periodic review process by providing relevant analysis for discussion with business teams.
- Fixed asset stocktaking, physical check on timely basis.
- Assist and provide support to Finance Manager and higher levels with specific projects and Ad-hoc duties when required.
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Preparation and submission of tax returns (Corporate Tax, Withholding tax, VAT etc)
- Work with Auditors to ensure statutory audit is completed in a timely manner. Also assist with any client audit requirements.
- Work with external advisors (Tax, Accounting, Legal).
- Work with company secretary about corporate affairs.
- Assist with general contract review on terms & conditions and highlights on potential risk to the company.
Finance Projects / Process Improvement
- Help identify process improvements to agency finance procedures and work on implementation of such initiatives.
- Assist in APAC/Global inquires and requirements as local contact window on all matters relating to the financial control environment (J-SOX), Group Audit and compliance with GAAP accounting.
- Any ad-hoc duties or projects assigned by the Finance Manager or higher levels which is necessary to improve the processes or controls within the company.
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Locally recognized professional qualification related to Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in maintaining and executing accounting controls and reporting at country level.
Knowledge & Skills
Exceptional ability to build relationships across all areas of the business
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Knowledge of all local tax related matters
- Strong Excel, systems and process skills
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (internal or external)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
Effective Stakeholder management and service delivery
- Respond positively to stakeholder requests.
- To promote an efficient and positive image of KMMS / Indicia Worldwide.
- Act as business partner to provide relevant financial information when required
- Ensure excellent working relationships with all staffs and external bodies in a professional manner to create a positive working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.