Purpose of the role:
To work closely with the Financial Controls Manager to ensure that there is an efficient and adequate system of financial and internal controls
To support the wider finance team and other areas of the business.
- Support monthly / year end activities for the closing of the books
- Support the year end audit and statutory reporting process and submissions
- Ensure full weekly reconciliation of the intercompany accounts across all entities and calculation of the associated FX
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations for selected accounts
- Controls of Intra / intercompany trading balances
- Organizing intra bank account transfers to ensure availability of funds in various currencies for Payroll processing
- Coordination with HR for payroll files for payment along with processing of payroll payment
- Raising Fixed Assets cards and running depreciation on a monthly basis
- Active engagement and support of the shared services team for resolution of their queries
- Taking over the documentation for bank and companies house as and when required or delegated
- Filling out of the questionnaires for the Office of National Statistics
Looking after various mailboxes.
Scope & Impact
The financial accounting team is vital to the business to ensure we have adequate controls and reporting in place to support business decisions.
Create excellent working relationships with all staff and external bodies in a professional manner to create a positive working environment.
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional ability to build relationships across all areas of the business
- Good understanding of multi-currencies
- Good excel skills including complex formulae, data manipulation and pivot tables.
- A clear and positive communicator
- Excellent numerical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- An ambitious self-starter with excellent organization skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
Part qualified ACCA or AAT qualified.
2 years plus experience in a finance team in any of the following functions; either AP, AR, treasury or financial accounts.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.