Purpose of the role:
To support the delivery of multiple data projects for our diverse client base, hands-on data engineering with appropriate testing.
• Supports the project delivery process by providing timely updates to Project Managers and Account Managers on the progress of all projects under your supervision
• Ensuring the delivery of all projects to the time estimates given
• Hands-on development by developing and maintaining ETL\ELT processes • Responsibility for BAU work commitments
Scope & Impact
• The Data Engineer is a key part of the development team and will work with Senior Data Engineers and Project Managers, Clients Services to ensure that projects are accurately scoped and delivered.
• They will be the first point of escalation for supporting BAU projects.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
• Collaborates and deploy innovative technology solution
• Responsible for ensuring own projects are running to time and escalate where there are potential issues
• Working with the senior technology team to ensure that the right technology is being used with the right resource allocated to the project
• Establishes and maintains crucial relationships with day-to-day clients including marketing and technology departments through email, telephone, and face-to-face meetings and briefings
• Reports to Senior Data Engineer providing updates about work in progress and escalating any delivery issues
• Engages with colleagues from other departments as appropriate to deliver projects
• Will attend weekly client meetings for projects as and when required
Key Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
• You will have 2+ years of demonstrable commercial experience developing a number of high-value projects in data provision
• Skilled in data development, with experience in SQL Server and or AWS using Redshift
• Exposure to reporting capability in SQL Server
• SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS experience
• Exposure to cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
• High standards of professionalism with strong (and clear) written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in using data warehouses
• Has worked in a technology environment
• Experience developing marketing databases
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.