Purpose of the role:
The Data Engineer supports the delivery of multiple data projects for our diverse client base and internal stakeholder. They must have the ability to perform hands-on data engineering tasks independently with appropriate testing in place.
Ensuring excellence in the end-to-end delivery of data engineering tasks for our clients and internal stakeholders.
Supporting the design of technology solutions that meet the business needs of our clients in terms of sustainability, scalability, performance, and security.
Supporting the design and development of database build, integration projects, and change management across a diverse range of clients, industries, and technologies.
Supporting the mentorship and technical development of the Data Engineering team.
Collaborating with clients and project delivery teams in the low-level design of data-oriented, ELT, or ETL projects in response to client requirements.
Taking accountability and sharing responsibility for the implementation, dissemination, and adherence of Indicia’s Data Engineering methodologies, processes & principles.
Supporting strategic initiatives impacting the Data Engineering team such as Continuous Integration methodologies.
The role will be client-facing and will articulate technology deliverables in both technical and plain English language.
Key Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 1-2 years of demonstrable experience in delivering technology solutions - Essential
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, concepts, and approaches – Essential
- Highly professional individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills – Essential
- Demonstrable experience in ETL/ELT processes – Essential
- Background in database development utilising SQL Server, Redshift or equivalent technologies - Essential
Experience in the delivery of more than one of the following is essential:
- Enterprise-level Business to Consumer database (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Cloud-based deliveries within AWS or AzureEnterprise-level Cross-channel Campaign Management (Adobe, Unica, SalesForce etc.)
- Mid to Enterprise level Digital Transformation programmes
- Enterprise-level BI or visualisation programmes (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.
- Enterprise-level personalisation programmes within a digital estate
- Mid to Enterprise level e-Commerce programmes
- Implementation of an enterprise-level Data Management Platform
- Implementation of an enterprise-level decisioning platform
- Migration of legacy hosted solutions into a Cloud environment
- Programmes involved in processing and transformation of ‘Big Data.’
- Awareness of high-standard documentation across the delivery cycle – Essential
- Confident verbal and written communicator - Essential
- An understanding of Cloud Technologies and their application and benefits e.g. AWS, Azure, Oracle or Google – Desirable
- Experience in API or equivalent Web Services integration - Desirable
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.