Purpose of the role:
This role is an individual contributor where you are part of a HR & People team, working with closely with the Senior HR Business Partner, APAC in Payroll matters.
This is a newly created role, to cover the headcount of approximately +250 employees across Singapore, Vietnam, Philipines, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Australia, New Zealand & India.
Work location is flexible
- To administer the monthly outsourced payroll for the APAC region
- To provide expert advice on payroll legislation
- To drive accuracy, efficiency & timeliness of payroll reporting with the outsourced payroll provider
- Administer the APAC Payrolls ensuring that employees are consistently and correctly paid in a timely manner according to the agreed payroll calendar and in a Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) compliant manner
- Manage the relationship with the outsourced payroll provider through being the first point of contact for key internal stakeholders and the provider
- Be the primary point of contact for employees who have payroll queries
- Work with the HR team in the efficient collection of Payroll Amendments on a monthly basis
- Manage for statutory claims for leave and sickness absences wherever possible
- Support the HR Team with managing organizational change according to payroll schedules and with the provision of redundancy/severance calculations as required
- Review and approval all invoices for the external payroll provider and manage additional costs for out of scope work
- Support the HR Operations Manager, Senior HRBP and Finance with regular Payroll/HR auditing to ensure that all records are maintained and kept up to date across both systems
- Work with the payroll provider to provide the HR & People Team with best practice in country advice on all payroll related matters including but not limited to Maternity Leave and Absence Management
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience managing APAC Payrolls
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and researching payroll best practice standards
- Ability to work in a confidential environment and deal with sensitive information
- Good knowledge of local pension, income tax regulation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.