Purpose of the role:
The Scrum Master will help guide the Technology strategy and delivery across global projects and products.
As a Scrum Master, you’ll be coaching and guiding the delivery teams to perform at their highest level. You’ll remove any impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, protect the team from outside influences or distractions and work with the project manager(s) to make sure that the project backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
You’ll also be acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholders making sure that your team understand Agile practices, the Scrum framework and its values, ensuring the framework is used to deliver and satisfy clients, and the team are reacting to their needs quickly Guiding and coaching your Scrum team to take ownership of the work and deliver more cost-effective business value outcomes for the client.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognising areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organisation, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with project management and delivery teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experience on an Agile Team
- Experience of developing agile team maturity
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.