Purpose of the role:
As a Business Director for our Agency, you will build excellent relationships with senior level clients, positioning Indicia as a valued, strategic partner through a consistent approach to high quality delivery. You will be critical to client development plans, with an entrepreneurial approach that quickly identifies opportunities to increase revenue within the client base.
Services & Proposition Development - Activating our proposition
- Working closely with your clients and internal teams to ensure accounts are managed and set up efficiently. This is the foundation upon which we can activate our Indicia Worldwide proposition, based on expertise in multi-channel delivery, creative, data, technology, retail and creative production.
- Interpreting and refining propositions to tailor them to our clients’ needs – helping to develop opportunities with both new prospects and existing clients.
Commercials & Growth - Driving growth
- Building client relationships and using strategic partnerships to drive growth.
- Creating and owning clear strategic plans for our accounts to ensure long-term profitability and growth is maximised, delivering to company goals and targets
- Manage and own the commercials across your client portfolio to ensure the profitability targets are achieved
Team Dynamic - Inspire people across the business, driving a team of brief makers (not brief takers)
- Where needed break down regional / cross functional strategies to individual team objectives and communicate these to the teams to ensure that they understand their own and their team’s contribution to organisational objectives.
- Develop the role of Client Services in collaboration with Client Partners
- Developing a team of experienced client services specialist that identify opportunities or challenges, then provide recommendations and direction to the client as well as internal teams.
- Creating an inclusive environment that ensures open communication, being responsible for cascading and communicating key strategy messages to team members to ensure full understanding and adoption.
Productivity, Process & Implementation
- Providing weekly growth updates, including revenue forecasts, operational performance updates, KPI’s and resource plans.
- Ensuring internal and external relationships and ways of working are as effective as they can be.
- Work with direct reports, internal matrix teams and department heads to brief, schedule, manage and deliver each client opportunity
- Monitor and review the productivity of your client portfolio working with internal matrix teams to develop enhanced ways of working
Client Experience & Relationships
- Build and develop long term strategic relationships with clients
- Work as the ‘Chef at the pass’ to ensure that each response to a client brief is of the highest quality and that it meets the clients brief
- Create and develop a person marking strategy working with the Client Partner and wider matrix teams to ensure that relationships with your client are built across all levels
- Regularly surprise and delight your client – think outside of the box work with your matrix team to proactively activate ideas / briefs that respond to your client needs
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- You’ll have 7-10 years’ experience in client services or account management with a proven track-record of exceeding client expectations and building long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships.
- Preferred sector experience should include: Media, Retail, Automotive, FMCG, beverage.
- Working on high-profile accounts with multi-disciplined account and agency teams.
- Proven ability to manage managers, developing staff, resolving performance issues and formulating resource plans.
- Full understanding of entire end-to-end marketing process from client strategic requirement to delivery cross-channels.
- Intuitive ability to deconstruct problems and craft solutions within the context of a strategic objective, appreciating both the big picture and the details of any given situation.
- Has experience in delivering inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues. Has excellent listening skills.
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to critically evaluate financial and commercial risks and benefits of current business relationships and development opportunities, as well as influencing and negotiating.
- Understands the importance of data and data accuracy and uses it to make intelligent decisions and drive business intelligence.
- Demonstrable experience of collaboration, with peers and virtual teams, with the ability to provide and receive constructive challenge.
- Results orientation.
- Proven influencing and negotiations skills.
- Experience in data, tech, creative application, and activation, as well as CRM strategy.
- Experience in strategic development and implementation based on data led insight.
- Proven experience on integrated communications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as such, will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of all candidates. If you have any such needs or requirements in the context of your interview, please notify us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.